Friday, September 3, 2010

Yes, We're Dating. Out with the Old and in with the Anthropologie.

In typical NoJcrewinJapan overthinking, I am contemplating aloud what I've got in my cart. Yes, we're dating. Me and this glorious outfit pictured here. I am so enamored it's borderline ridiculous. I can only tell you, my bloggy gal pals. Even the Hubs will think I'm off my rocker. Ever loved an outfit so much you visit the damn website habitually -- daily even -- just to see the outfit? The last time I acted like this? Fall 2008, J.Crew ---> when spectator peep toe mary janes, thigh high grey socks, and bug pins ruled.

Now, I find myself under the spell of:

and the

In particular, I think I'm drawn to the fall colors of both pieces, as well as the skirt on the dress. In theory, it should work with my body shape, which leans towards a pear-shaped apple. I like that the dress nips in at the waist, but is easy in the tummy and hip area. & I love the look of that sweater open, a la the styled look in the first photo. It's something different I can add to my wardrobe. & did I say how much I love the look with the tights? *le sigh*

Next up:


Let us discuss the absolute dress-like qualities of this piece -- too cute!
Can you picture with a cardi or little sweater? & I have tons to go around, given my J.Crack addictions of the recent past (As my logic goes, any gal who's got an affinity for J.Crew has more than her fair share of cardigans in her enviable closet). I am envisioning with my distressed brown men's leather belt, also from J.Crew, and a pair of very cute sandals.

& finally:


The Pittore Dress gets an honorary mention. Style, cut and everything else in between, it is my hands-down favorite. I am in loooooooove with this dress. The issue comes from my body shape and the straight cut of this dress. We just weren't meant to be, and for that I am a bitter, bitter lady.

What do y'all think about the Anthro roll-out? Anything on your wishlist?

3 comments:

  1. There are a few things I'm interested in. I got the stable skirt. I love the pattern. Reminds me of an old shirt I had from jr high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your fall picks, they all have the most pleasing color palette. And I am so in love with that Van Wrinkle / Tweedy Leaves catalog picture as well! :)

    The Distant Chirping Chemise is wonderful and I've been considering it as a dress as well, but I'm half concerned it will be too short. I'll have to seek it out in my store next time and see if it passes muster. Because if it does, I'm totally going to steal your styling ideas and wear it that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gigi, was perusing your page and saw that very cute sweater that was 50% off in Anthro sale and am now dating *that* as well as a bunch of other really nice pieces. BTW, LOVE that stable skirt. Congrats - it's very cute. I can see keeping that for a long time. It's something that's so unique. Thanks for stopping by!

    goldenmeans, I know I'm not the only one who loves that photo. Steal away - I love that chemise. It will have to come home with me. I may have to wait on the other pieces. I've now got tons of pieces from the sale section in my cart too.

    ReplyDelete