Monday, December 27, 2010

Scenes from a lazy Christmas Day

Hopefully by now, Peeps, you've all cleaned up the torn wrapping paper, you've turned off TBS' marathon of A Christmas Story, and you've had your fill of fabulous Christmas goodies and foods. By now, I hope you've cozied up on the couch to watch a football game, with happy kids and their twenty-million gifts surrounding you in a fabulous, cluttered, turkey sandwich-induced coma. Ok, well that's my Day After Christmas Dream for you, anyway.

Thought I'd share some of our favorite images from our Christmas day here in Hawai'i Nei yesterday. I keep thinking last Christmas we were in Rome, this Christmas was in Hawaii... What does the next year hold? We'll just have to see!

A glass seahorse ornament on our tree. I *heart* this thing like you just don't know and I pity the fool who tries to take it down before New Year's Day.


An ornament we bought in Europe at a Christmas Market last year. It made its Christmas Tree Debut this year and couldn't be prettier...

Christmas morning cupcakes for my Little Guy.


Little Guy's masterpiece of a gingerbread village. It's a little rough, but still so sweet!


Conspicuous Consumption at its worse. Now you know where my J.Crack dollars went this year.
*Sigh* The life of an only child, though not for long!


Santa brought a Little Guy-sized surfboard this year. Now he can catch some waves with Daddy.

Happy Holidays to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Love the gingerbread village. Props to the boy.

    Oh, I so wish I was kickin' it in Hawaii for Ho Ho Day. It is blizzarding here. Eek.

    The holidays totally effed with my bambino's sleep. He's all out of whack.

    Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on the sleep schedule. A schedule is like gold to mommy AND baby. Soon the routine will be back and y'all will be settled again. Hold tight, mama.

    Yeah, it's a breezy 75 degrees today. Shorts and flip flops, though you definitely don't get that "It's Christmas!" feeling. Don't know if I'd trade for a blizzard, but I'd like *a little* bit of snow for the holidays. Alas.

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a nice holiday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, look at all those gifts for the little guy! I would be in HEAVEN if I were him and he certainly looks blissful, haha! The seahorse ornament is beeeautiful!

    ReplyDelete