Monday, June 8, 2009

The Tracy Anderson Method?

You may have see her on Oprah. You may have just seen her in a tabloid, walking with Gwyneth Paltrow or Madonna.  If you have not, below, dear reader, is Tracy Anderson.  Many, many Good and many, many bad things have been written about her, her business, and her "method" to get a woman of any size into a "teeny, tiny dancer type."  Or her claim to make you a size 2.  & I am your typical sheep so I bought into the hype and am the owner of this workout dvd:


I ordered this on Amazon a few weeks ago hearing good things about her method working. Really, I just wanted to see what the hype was about and could she help fix me.  & although this dvd says it's for "Post-Pregnancy," it would probably work on anyone.  Seriously!  This workout is not easy.  It is heavy on ab work and then moves into arms (with 3 lb weights) and then a little bit of leg work.  She is not great at cueing you into the next move.  But she is direct in making sure you do exactly what she wants you to.  I felt like I was with a one-on-one trainer with the direction that was given.  It's definitely not your usual workout dvd and I would venture to say this is one of the best I've done in a while.  

I totally need someone to show me the light.  I'm tired of the buddha belly and I want to get back into shape.  I'm hoping the "method" will get me there.  

4 comments:

  1. Let me tell you something: you looks wonderful! Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Lemme know how this works. I lift weights, do cardio, and eat clean which is 80% of where youll see results from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I really love the shoes in your top picture. Could you tell me which brand it is? Thanks.
    My email : pf1982416@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, the shoes are at Anthropologie. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete