Monday, June 27, 2011

Beach House Chic. With a little Vintage to boot. Finally.


Happy Sunday / Early Monday! Well, the Library / Bar / Old Dining Room is finally finished. I don't think there's anything else I would add or take away from it and I'm happy with the way it turned out. What I wanted in the space was a beachy, modern vibe, where I would feel relaxed when I walked in, and I think that's what I got. I scoured Craigslist for 1950's / 1960's pieces in great condition to keep the space feeling fun. But the upholstered pieces, like the slipcovered Mitchell Gold sofa and the rattan chair's cushions had to be nap-worthy. I wanted the space to be comfortable and enjoyable, and one can't enjoy if one's butt isn't happy in its chair.


I had been waiting for my vintage 3-strand rattan chairs to be re-upholstered in this print from Waverly. I love the groovy edge it brings in to the space.


A $50 Craigslist find, this 1960's Lane buffet was the perfect piece for me. It holds all our bar needs, as well as extra china and vases. The beach feel extended to the coral lamp, a Pier 1 find. The sea glass colored print on the wall is by artist Heather Brown and is flanked by family photos.


I found old window frames at the local salvage / renovation store and reclaimed them. At a $1 each, they got gussied up with some old paint we had in the garage and now hang above the couch. A friend had given me a gift certificate for my birthday for one of those canvas photo prints, and I put it to use on one of my favorite photos of my son. The throw pillow I ended up choosing is by Thomas Paul.


I come home from work, peeps, and I literally just want to be in this room all evening. That's got to be a sign of success, right?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I also love the new blog design. Very beachy...

    ReplyDelete