Friday, June 3, 2011

The Perfect Throw Pillows

While I waiting for the UPS man to drop off my gallery wall shelves and my new favorite man "Romeo" to reupholster the cushions for my vintage rattan chairs, I'm contemplating the perfect throw pillows for the library room. I've found some that I absolutely really love. Now I just have to decide which will go with rattan chairs once they're recovered and the other accents on the first floor that can be seen from the room.

I love Thomas Paul. The other pillows in our family room are Thomas Paul and I love the whimsy, character and brightness he brings into our lives! This throw pillow is no exception and is on Amazon right now for $73.26. It's 22 inches square --- nice and huge! --- and 100% linen. The feather / down insert is included and the edges are piped. I like the espresso and white color and I think it would merge the turquoise and charcoal we've got going on in the library, with the lavender and khaki we've got in the family room.

Oh but peeps, look at these pillows from Cooper Grey on Etsy. I found this shop tonight and I can't believe how beautiful these pillows are! This one is called High Voltage Chevron. It's 22 inches -- love that size! -- and is all handmade in linen. The fabric is by Schumacher and I think the pillow has been done so beautifully. It also features a feather / down insert. The colors are similar to the Thomas Paul above, but I love the vibrancy of the chevron print and particularly the scale of the stripes. I love the edging! Check out the Cooper Grey blog at www.cooper-grey.com. It is really awesome!


Hold onto your seats. I think this is my favorite. Also by Cooper Grey, this is another 22-inch pillow done in Kelly Wearstler's Katana fabric in Teal. This might just be the perfect teal color, peeps. It's vibrant, can work with the rest of the house, and yet it still feels calming. The problem with teal sometimes is that it tends to take over and be the spotlight. I love this for its muted tone!


Dreams! I love all of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment