Friday, May 27, 2011

House Progress - The Wine Fridge Debuts & the Library Comes Together

Just a few random photos of what's been going on at my abode this week. First, we got our under counter wine refrigerator installed in the island and I LOVE it. I make excuses to walk by it, just to stare. I turn the light on inside and marvel at the shadows. Of course I won't be taking anything out of it for a while, but I can live with that. Oh, because you know I already have bottles that are in there, snug as a bug in a rug.


I've been playing around with the pieces we've gotten so far in the new library space. It's basically turning out to be a cool, beachy sitting room, and I'm happy with it.

Here's the Olioboard just as a reminder of where I'm going with the room.
library bar sitting room 2
& the progress in real life...


So far, the turquoise buffet is sitting dead center between those two windows and I'm really excited about the scale. I positioned the vintage Hawaiian rattan chairs next to a mid-century table my grandma gave me. The rug is sea grass. I'm still waiting for my new cushion covers to come. Once they do, those chairs are going to look pretty cool, let me tell you. I can't wait to get all the bigger pieces in there so I can start pulling it all together. I honestly have no accessories in there at all and it's so humble looking.


One thing I am worried about is the white, slipcovered couch I'm supposed to be getting for opposite those chairs. I don't have it yet and I'm wondering when it will ever get here... Boo. I know I'm being impatient but I've got a house to put together in 11 weeks. Baby arrives soon and I'm pretty sure I'll be busy then...

4 comments:

  1. wow! it looks great!

    I'm having a giveaway for a $20 gift certificate to Green Apple Paperie on my blog right now if you're interested! It's an amazing store :)

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I love that turquoise dresser so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wine cooler. I'm thinking of wine, too! *lol*

    ReplyDelete