Monday, February 23, 2009

Wearing Today 2.23.09

Bring On Spring
Bring On Spring - by nojcrewinjapan on Polyvore.com

I got my boyfriend khakis in the mail this afternoon and was so excited to see them!  They are buttery soft and destroyed in just the right places, with the just right amount of "destroyed-ness."  I bought them in a 6 and they fit a little big, but I am assuming that they are supposed to be a little baggy, hence the boyfriend part of it.  They hang on the hips and are loose through the thigh.  As I had them on, I could tell they would probably end up looser than they originally were, so I'm thinking I could have possibly sized down to a 4 maybe, and gotten a somewhat less loose look.  The thing is, I love them just the way they are and were meant to be.  They are a definite keeper.  I styled them exactly as the picture, with the ankles rolled up like it's 1992.
My white top I have on is very similar in shape to the Cynthia Steffe top pictured here.  Mine is from Hurley and has crochet at the bust.  I've had my top for forever now and it always finds its way out of the closet when the weather hints at getting a little warmer.  
I wore the Champagne colored Jackie cardigan, not the white.  The Champagne version does not show up in Polyvore well, thus the substitution.  
With my opera length pearls doubled up, and my pearl cluster bracelet, this outfit was comfortable, chic and very Spring.  
All in all, I was very happy with the look.  
One last mention on the khakis: I love them so much I may get another pair.  I can see myself running around all summer in these.  They are that comfortable and cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment