Thursday, December 31, 2009

Compulsory Trip Photos.

So I must bid Europe 'Adieu' tomorrow and start the trek back east to Japan. & I'm going to miss Europe something major, because we've had a great time and have seen and experienced some amazing things. But at the same time, I've been contemplating what I liked best and what I didn't like so much.

First, there have been things I've seen that I love so very much. Rome, for instance, equaled utmost love. The Eternal City has my heart. Germany, especially Munich and neighboring Salzburg in Austria... all I can say is I totally get it, I could totally live there. Totally. Love the beer, love the countryside, love the cleanliness and the food. & really. If I can love the food of a place, I'm g-double-o-d-good. Hence I'm a size 6. I thought Paris was beautiful, and I will have to return in the summer at least once in the not-too-distant future, but I won't be staying again for 2 weeks. I liked it, but next trip I'd love to try Prague, Budhapest, Vienna and cut through Germany. In the summer.

Well, thought I'd post a few of the Salzburg and Venice pics. Europe is gorgeous. But I'm ready to go home where Sushi, Tempura, and Ramen reign supreme.

My little guy and I at the top of Hohensalzburg castle. The view was amazing. I look like Kelly Pickler after the Botox rumors. I think I was talking to the Hubby through my teeth. Something like, Hurry please!

My little guy and his Pooh Blanket. The Pooh Blanket goes everywhere.

A view of the Alps.

The town of Salzburg. Cute as a button.

The Grand Canal in Venice taken at night and without a tripod. Apologies if you feel tipsy after looking at this for too long.


My little guy and I on the Lagoon.

A gondola and a canal at night, on the way back to the train station.
Happy New Year, Ladies! One of the highlights of the year 2009 was starting this blog and meeting such awesome peeps. Cheers to you all and have a wonderful and prosperous New Year!







10 comments:

  1. A big ole *sigh* -- I loooooved looking at your pictures.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi thanks - that means a lot. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*, just like Gigi says, I loved the pictures. Austria is one of the top places that I want to visit. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, glad you liked the pictures. You and Seashell one day should go to Austria together. How fun would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics. I'm glad you had a fab time.

    If I could eat copious amounts of sushi, tempura, sushi, ramen, sushi, sushi and sushi, I would be keen on getting my bootie home, too. Ha ha.

    Traveling always makes me love home that much more.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pic of Salzburg looks like a postcard! Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing them! I could see how it would be hard to leave!

    http://www.gingergirl4242.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Thank you so much for the pics! It has been 21 years since I visited all of those places and now I am missing them even more. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy them with your hubby and son...what a wonderful way to spend the Holiday season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladies thank you for great words.

    Susan, girl it's all about the sushi. But right now I'm in Seoul, South Korea so we've scouted out the restaurants and I'm ready to find myself some bi bim bap or mun doo kook soo or anything!

    Pamela, thanks for stopping by! Salzburg was my utmost favorite!

    FFM, Happy New Year! We had a wonderful family vacation but it's time to get back to real life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful pictures! Your trip sounds like it was amazing, and it has been really fun to sit and read your entries about Europe. I am now more excited than ever for my upcoming Paris and London vacation!! Do you have any suggestions for me about Paris?

    And oh, your bag, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics! So glad you had a good time. Love travel and the reflections it solicits (somehow that seems like the wrong word but on iPhone too much trouble to fix!). Prague was my fav city and yes defintiely do Vienna also!

    ReplyDelete