Kathy & Seashell, from their blog Two Hands Full of Daisies, and Jemma Ruby who writes Diary of a Wonder Woman, for the Sweet Friends Award! I love having all of you ladies in the blogosphere, really. I'm blessed to be able to share all my crazy, whacked out fashion ideas with. All of you girls are the best!
10 Things that Make me Happy:
1. Having my little guy and my big guy with me at all times. I might complain about it once in a while, but they are my heart and my happiness.
2. Having girls who care enough to read the zany and odd quirky things I write about here. Thanks for every one of you who reads and sees all the crazy fashion-infused antics I go through. You ladies have totally offered me an outlet to talk about my loves for fashion and I am truly thankful. Hubs don't want to hear it. :-)
3. Traveling and Planning to Travel, especially to some place new.
4. Work. My job is one of the kick-ass-est jobs ever. I love every day of it and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well, I lie. Maybe for a promotion, but only if I get to still do what I do. The people, the opportunities, the craziness... All of it brings a smile to my face.
5. Talking with my mom and my sister. Especially when they're together. Then all heck breaks loose.
6. Hearing my little guy laugh.
7. Happening on J.Crew in the wee hours of the morning and finding a major, major find as a pop-back in final sale. & getting a huge discount on said item. Ohhh, the feeling of accomplishment that brings!
8. Vintage 50's & 60's sheets.
9. Occupied-Japan era Noritake.
10. A sandy beach on a hot day with no one on it except me and my boys. & some Bud Light Lime. :-)
Those I think should get the award:
Susan at Jersey Girl in the Kitchen
Amy at Kelinda.Kelinda
Kari at Two Dogs & a Blog
Ema at My Closet My Baby & I
Can we talk about the J.Crew items that I either missed or, if I choose to pull the trigger on, will be waiting for until practically Spring Equinox before ever seeing these gorgeous items grace my mailbox? *sigh* I like to also call this section the Why in the Hell did I WAIT to get these?? & Now look!
1. The Wool Bristro Mini - In any stinking color would have been great. I think grey is the only color now available in my size. & the wait list is until Feb or Mar.
2. The Sequined Starland Tank in Navy. Waitlisted until Feb. By then I will have no parties to go to. Thanks for thinking about my budget, there, J.Crew.
3. The Jaspe Sequined Slouchy Sweatshirt, which I've only seen in the Christmas in Chile Holiday Catalog but deemed totally swoon-worthy paired with ankle toothpick jeans and a black blazer. Must. Have. Hate that feeling when you know something is fabulous and COLLECTION and yet it will never meet your grubby hands.
4. The Stripe Tissue Tee. Either in the light grey or navy color. Waitlisted until March. March! I want this tee so bad. Why did I wait? What was I thinking? Do I comply with the order to wait or do I just walk away? Both options are heart-wrenching.