Saturday, October 31, 2009

Photos from Another Time Part II

Continuing to expand on the photos I posted yesterday. These are all from a trip to Thailand in June 2008. Oldies but goodies.

Early morning street scene outside our very small hotel in Thonburi. You can't really tell, but there is a Buddhist monk approaching us. I thought it rude to take his pic up close so I was sneakily getting this one in and the pic came out kinda cool.

View of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Po, Bangkok

This - THIS! - Came to visit us and tried to climb onto our creaky deck outside our room. My Baby thought he'd like to throw bread into the river to feed the fish. This came out of the river instead. Along the Chao Phraya River, Thonburi side, Bangkok

The quaint little lane to our hotel.

Hubs, deep in thought, staring out at the Chao Phraya River. I was outside taking the pic of him and I thought how cool when I caught the reflection of what had him in such deep thoughts.

My Baby (and his Pooh blanket) watching the elephants get their morning bath. Somewhere on the River Kwai, Kanchanaburi

Riding the clean elephant after his bath. These were the happiest elephants and the people in this village take very good care of them. Kanchanaburi


3 comments:

  1. These are such gorgeous photos. The reclining Buddha is amazing! Thailand is definitely a one-of-a-kind place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i think i almost hard a heart attack when i saw the picture of the snake/eel/fish! lol. thanks for sharing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete