Friday, September 11, 2009

Decisions, Decisions... Help!

J.Crew Super 120s Carlyle Dress, $188

J.Crew Cashmere fiori dress, $228

I cleaned out my closet recently of items I've bought over the last 6 months that I haven't worn, probably won't ever wear, and still had the tags on. Packed them up and sent them back to J.Crew. As old as these items were (The Blair dress in Peony, for instance), I got a nice gift card for almost $200! Since the items were so old, it almost seems like a free pass to get something I really like or wouldn't have bought otherwise because the price seemed prohibitive.

With that in mind, I've come down to two dresses I love that would both make excellent additions to my closet this fall.

The Carlyle: Um, Super 120s - nuff said. This is a classic material, always going to be in my closet FOREVER, and the style with three-quarter sleeves is very nice juxtaposed to the beautiful neckline. I am not very endowed (hello, A-cup!) so this will not come off as too much exposure in my case. This could take me out to dinner, and is oh-so-perfect for work. A classic.

The Fiori: It's cashmere and with a pair of grey textured tights, or the new thigh high wool socks J.Crew came out with... sophisticated, comfy, luxurious, and one of a kind. This is a piece I will always keep and go back to. & I love the rosettes at the neck. The best part about this dress -- It can be dressed up for dinners, it can be styled appropriately for work, or it can go with a pair of flat black boots for a casual day look. It's very versatile.

Which do you think I should get? Also has anyone got these or seen them IRL?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen either dress IRL, but I would personally go for the Carlyle since I don't trust J.Crew Cashmere to last a long time. Please post the one you decide to get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the Carlyle dress. I think you'd get more use out of it since the fabris is adaptable to more seasons...plus a sweater dress might not last as long... both are cute though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would choose the Carlyle dress. Sophisticated like you!

    ReplyDelete