Saturday, September 19, 2009

OOTD Beach BBQ with Friends: DVF Dress + J.Crew Lea Cardigan

The trouble with living on a sub-tropical island on the fringe of the East China Sea in September is that one still has beach BBQs to attend even though the weather does not want to comply. It doesn't get totally autumnal here (mais oui), but it does get rainy and a little chilly. I'm officially naming in Cardigans & Leggings weather - not worn together, per se, but you get my drift - and C&L weather doesn't go very well with the whole beach BBQ thing. My outfit today is trying to say, I'm here at the BBQ, but I won't be taking Ms DVF to frolick in the sea. Please understand I'm dressed to sit and consume your low carb lean meat products, while still trying to come off as casually attired. Does it say that? :-) Je ne sais pas!

No need to stare too closely. I'm barefoot but will be wearing J.Crew Gold Capri sandals today.
Dress: Diane Von Furstenberg from eBay.
Cardigan: J.Crew Lea Cardigan in Snow.

Side view. Me likey the side views these days.

I had to take a pic of the gorgeous "antique" buttons on the J.Crew Lea cardigan. They are precious. The pic came out dark but they are fabulously covered in little rhinestones on a brass colored background. This is a HUGE reason I love J.Crew -- not because of the buttons -- but because of their attention to detail. I love the little touches!

2 comments:

  1. I love the lea cardi and its buttons! I think I have about 8 of them, whoopsie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous dress! You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete